Moving away from your current education path can be complicated. By asking the right questions, you can discover the best plan of action to find a boarding school that's the perfect fit.
10 Things to Think About If You’re Considering Boarding School
Talk with your child about the things that will be important if your family decides that boarding school is the best educational path for them. Ask them and yourselves these questions. The answers will provide the foundation for finding the best fit at the best school.
- What kind of student is your child?
- How do they learn best?
- What gives them stress about school, and how do they handle that?
- Do they like to make new friends?
- Are they comfortable with, and accustomed to, being away from home?
- Does weather matter? Would they be open to experiencing a different climate?
- How do they like to spend their free time?
- Do they enjoy and seek out a variety of interests and hobbies?
- What kinds of educational environments do they thrive in?
- What will work best for your family?